You Can’t Lose Weight – It May Not Be Your Fault
Weight Loss is not about:
- Calories In vs. Calories Out (calorie restriction causes muscle loss)
- Low Fat Foods (one must eat GOOD fats in order to lose fat)
THE PROBLEM WITH LOSING WEIGHT IS OUR INABILITY TO BURN FAT!!!
To understand weight loss in the 21st century, you have to understand HORMONES.
Cellular toxins are affecting our hormones. Specifically the hormone LEPTIN which is essential to the breakdown fats
Leptin was discovered in 1994 and at first it was thought to be the answer to weight loss. Scientist thought all they had to do was to synthesize leptin artificially and weight loss would be a thing of the past.
However, they soon discovered that it was not a lack of Leptin but an over abundance of leptin that was the problem and that people were suffering from leptin resistance. In other words, their body’s did not know how to use it. Leptin Resisitance is very similar to Type II Diabetes-Insulin Resistance.
Energy is produced by the combustion of either sugar or fat. 90% of our society gets their energy from sugar and very few are able to get it from fat. Healthy people have the ability to burn both sugar and fat.
Many people check their blood sugar in the morning the minute they awaken. And as often is the case, the sugar levels are high. How can this be since they have not eaten any food since the night before. The answer is that they have been eating all night long as their body is eating muscle and converting it into energy to run itself.
There are two varieties of LDL Cholesterol. Good Fats elevate the good LDL (Type A) which is used to make hormones while Bad fats elevate the bad LDL (Type B) which blocks the cellular membrane preventing the osmotic transfer of material both in and out of the cell.
The answers to weight loss are relatively simple:
1. True Cellular Detox because it is cellular toxicity that is causing the hormonal problem.
1. Remove all sugars which include agave, honey, maple syrup, and of course HFCS (high fructose corn syrup). Aspartame breaks down into Formaldehyde and as such stimulates insulin release!
2. Remove all grains because grains contain amylose–a sugar that drives Cytokines which are responsible for Inflammation
3. Eat Healthy Fats because fats reprogram your genetic code. It is not fats that are making you fat, it is YOUR INABILITY TO BURN THEM--Good fats help your body to burn fat! Examples of good fats are as follows:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Avocado/Avocado Oil
- Coconut/Coconut Oil
- Raw Nuts/Seeds/Oils
- Raw Butter
- Raw Cheese and Yogurt
- Grass-Fed Meats, Eggs, Whole Milk
- Fatty Fish-Wild Salmon, Small Fish-Sardines-Anchovy
4. Drink Water–make it a goal to drink 96 ounces of good quality water every day as water can increase the metabolism by 5-8% in an by itself. Additionally, the body can not differentiate between thirst and hunger and often misleads a person to think they need food when in fact they need water.